The Comtesse de Dordogne estate is located exactly on the former site of the forges dating from the 17th century.
This important forge of seigneurial origin is one of the oldest in Périgord (mentioned since the 16th century). In the 18th century, the forge produced cast iron and "clincaillerie". In 1811, it included a furnace and a forge fire and produced 600 quintals of wrought iron. It was bought around 1820 by Festugière, also owner of Forge-Neuve, in Saint-Cernin de Reilhac, and La Forge d'Ans, on the Auvézère. Between 1828 and 1835 it was increased by a hall with three rolling mills and puddler furnaces, next to an 11 m high blast furnace. In the middle of the 19th century, new industrial techniques heralded the rapid decline of the Perigord forges. Work ceased in 1868. The buildings were used as a distillery, then as a kaolin crushing plant (until around 1940). Around 1955, the buildings were used to install a dairy, then a performance hall.
Soon the start of a new story ....?