The Comtesse de Dordogne estate is located exactly on the site of the old forges dating from the 17th century, one of the oldest in the Périgord (mentioned as early as the 16th century). In the 18th century, the forge produced cast iron and "clincaillerie". In 1811, it included a furnace and a forge fire and produced 600 quintals of wrought iron. It was bought around 1820 by Festugière, who also owned the Forge-Neuve, in Saint-Cernin de Reilhac, and the Forge d'Ans, on the Auvézère. Between 1828 and 1835, it was extended between 1828 and 1835 by a hall with three rolling mills and puddler furnaces, next to an 11 m high blast furnace. In the middle of the 19th century, new industrial techniques heralded the rapid decline of the Perigord forges. Work ceased in 1868. The buildings were used as a distillery, then as a kaolin grinding plant (until around 1940). Around 1955, the buildings were used to set up a dairy, then an auditorium.
Soon the beginning of a new history ....?